My Emergence As 'Asiwaju Leragun Of Egbaland' was influenced by my True Indigenship, Toyin Amuzu Asks Abeokuta South People To Ignore Critics - AMEBOTV BLOGS

AMEBOTV BLOGS

HOME |NEW | MUSIC & VIDEOS | NEWS | EDITORIAL | CONTACT US | ENTERTAINMENT | LIFESTYLE | POLITICS


My Emergence As 'Asiwaju Leragun Of Egbaland' was influenced by my True Indigenship, Toyin Amuzu Asks Abeokuta South People To Ignore Critics

Share This






ABEOKUTA - The PDP House of Representatives candidate for Abeokuta South Federal Constituency, Mr. Toyin Amuzu has reacted to claims that he was not proper Abeokuta born.


Recall that, the Labour Party's Acting Publicity Secretary, Comrade Abayomi Arabambi had described the PDP reps candidate as an alien in Egbaland who has no legitimate right to represent the federal constituency.


But Amuzu while addressing journalists on Friday in Abeokuta described the allegation as spurious and unfounded.


The politician said those spreading misinformation about his indigeneship status are attention seekers without fact.


He explained that, both his maternal and paternal parents are from Lashoju and Sodipe families of Igbehin and Ijeun respectively.


He stressed further that, he would not have been installed as Asiwaju Leragun of Egbaland by the Alake and Paramount ruler of Egbaland if he was a non-indigene.


He said, "These set of people are mere attention seekers without factual and truthful information, as what they are saying about my indigenous status is untrue.


"Such spurious and unfounded statements are mischievous as, I am a thorough bred Egba indigene. As you know the Egbas don’t give out family or indigenous traditional titles like the Asiwaju Leragun Egba given to me to non-indigenes. I was honoured at home as the Leragun Igbehin, a traditional family title which rightly belongs to the Lashoju family, before attaining the position of Asiwaju Leragun Egba. I am also the Okanlomo of Ijeun. 


"My mother, Madam Kehinde Amuzu nee Odebunmi is the grand daughter of Late Jonathan Ogunbiyi Lashoju from Igbehin and Late Esther Fadeke Lashoju also from Igbehin. My mummy’s parents were late Mrs Rebecca Adebisi and Late Emmanuel Olujare Odebunmi. The Odebunmi and Lashoju families are popular names in Egbaland. My uncle Mr Tokunbo Odebunmi who owns the popular Obalende Suya in the UK is well Known. My great grandmother (Esther Fadeke Lashoju) is from Igbehin while my grandmother (Late Rebecca Adebisi is from Sodipe’s Compound in Oke-Ijeun.  Succinctly put my lineage is from Igbehin and Ijeun.  


"The idea that someone is not from an area and can not represent the people is not only primitive but illegal. 


"Constitutionally a person who has stayed more than 10 years in an area and is of good conduct can vote and be voted for, that is why you see Nigerians becoming mayors or attaining good positions in overseas country. 


"Even as an Egba indigene, I would advise our people to be more concerned with someone like me who has their interests at heart and who is ready to serve them diligently. It is only a proof that we are making great impact and we are ready to do more thus our people should not be distracted with such baseless insinuations."

No comments:

Post a Comment